This is future Emma.
And this is my blog about reaching my true potential. After deciding that the Rat Race is no longer for me I’m talking myself on a real time journey to reaching my full potential in the hope it might inspire others to reach theirs too. Join me for a bit of humour, successes and mega fails!
I chose Entropy Emma because I feel it so well describes how manic life is and how much more complex and disorderly it seems to be every day. My hope for this blog is that I might be able to bring some amusement or joy to someone else’s life. One of my new life goals is to work out what my mission is and how I can contribute to others. So, let’s start at the beginning.
My five life goals are to be the best person I can be in the following areas:
- Financial Freedom
In 2018 I have some specific goals, these are the promises am I going to make to myself, to future Emma.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have removed anchors; anything that is holding me back. Relationships, belongings, beliefs.
- Have moved house, to a nicer area that is larger and closer to my family and transport links.
- Have decluttered my entire house, leaving only the things that I love or need.
- Be spending less time engaging in relationships with people who don’t build me up.
2. Financial freedom:
By the end of 2018 I will.. not need to work full time, allowing me the opportunity to pursue other goals.
- I will have set up passive income streams that bring in a cash flow equivalent to my current wages. I will be able to manage these streams in less time than my current full time employment, aspiration is 2 days a week.
- I will have set up the infrastructure for a scalable business idea to be implemented in 2019
By the end of 2018 I will.. be spending meaningful time in the company of people I care about.
- I am not distracted by my next appointment or my phone whilst in their company. I am not ‘too busy’ to support people when needed.
- I schedule free weekends that will allow for spontaneous fun.
- I am living my best life, I spend time in activities I enjoy and with people who are like minded, meaning I can attract the type of intimate relationships I want.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have made incremental improvements to my health in a way that is sustainable
- Have tailored my diet to reduce my intake of foods that I have an intolerance to.
- Have built a relationship with a counsellor and be getting longer-term independent support to manage the complex challenges that come about through being a human on this earth. Reminding myself that I am not the finished article, nor should I aspire to be.
- I get fitter every day, as I have the energy and time to take part in the regularity and variety of physical activity that I want.
By the end of 2018 I will.. have continued to grow as a person; I will have not let a day go by without learning something new and have the courage to continuously challenge my core beliefs, assumptions and values, where needed.
- Regularly take part in active learning by seeking to understand things that I do not know, in a wide variety of subjects, there are no boundaries.
- Have read a book a month, either fiction or non-fiction.
- Finished painting the 60 x 40 cm picture that I sketched out during my annual leave. A visual representation of the challenges of life working in a corporate world, entitled: The Career Trap. It will be framed and hung on the wall, in my new house, as a daily reminder in 2019 that I am doing the right thing.
Photo credit: Emma Frances